Who are we?
DEMARLE INC was incorporated in 2008. After 16 years as a faculty member in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Rochester, Dr. DeMarle opened this private practice to better serve the needs of his current and future patients and clients.
DEMARLE INC provides moderately priced comprehensive evaluations, specific treatment services, and case management services for individuals presenting with a number of disabilities, including, but not limited to:
- Learning Disabilities
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Gifted Learners
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Speech and Language Disorders
- Developmental Coordination Disorder
- School Discipline issues
- School Failure
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Oppositional Defiant and Conduct Disorders
Evaluations provided include:
- Adaptive Living
- Speech and Language
- Executive Function
Individuals are scheduled for either a standard or extended evaluation.
Many individuals are referred to DeMarle INC as they need specific testing to:
- Help the Medical team establish a specific diagnosis
- Determine what a child needs to receive a Free and Appropriate Public Education
- Understand why an individual is struggling or failing in the home, school, and/or work setting
- Establish eligibility for School Services
- Provide documentation so that a High School Student can receive accommodations for the SAT and/or ACT
- Provide documentation so that a College student can receive College Based Disability services
- Assist in establishing eligibility for SSI or DDSO services
- Diagnose a specific Learning Disability
- Determine the appropriate School, and/or School-based programs for a child
For more information on the Intake & Evaluation Process click on this link.
Where do our clients come from?
Individuals are referred to DeMarle INC from a number of sources. These include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Doctors
- School staff
- School Districts
- Probation Officers
- Other Parents
Once an evaluation is completed the individual and/or their family is provided at the parent conference or interpretive session a copy of the detailed evaluation findings and typically a list of immediate next steps, to begin with. The individuals or their family is then directed at that visit – and at subsequent follow-up visits – through the steps of the recommended treatment plan.
Once diagnosed how are our clients supported?
Many of DeMarle INC’s school-age patients qualify for specific supports through their School Districts, whether this is through the provision of a Section 504 Plan, and/or through the provision of specific special education and/or related services through an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
If a patient falls within this category, DEMARLE INC spells out what the patient needs to receive a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE). To help parents obtain these services for their child, Dr. DeMarle often will attend these meetings with the parents on behalf of these children.
DeMarle INC works closely with parents and school teams to ensure that students are making meaningful educational progress in the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE). The goal is always to work collaboratively with Schools, and DeMarle INC is extremely successful at doing so. However, the goal is also to make sure that Schools are providing the services required under Federal and State laws.
If necessary, DeMarle INC works closely with special education attorneys through the CSE, Mediation, and Impartial Hearing processes to ensure that individual patients receive FAPE in the LRE.
In addition to the evaluation services, DeMarle INC provides additional treatment services. These services include but are not limited to the following:
- Math tutoring
- Reading tutoring
- Specialized Reading Instruction
- Speech and language services
- Educational case management
(585) 730-8888 (office)
(585) 730-8889 (fax)
1501 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14610